Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jailhouse Chili for the Hendricks.

Jailhouse Chili w/ Cornbread.

After that brief period of dry days here in Portland yesterday was back to normal here. Cold, wet, and periodic heavy rain throughout the day. Good friends of mine have been asking for another round of my chili so before they flew off for the holidays I cooked up a batch for them last night. 

This is a recipe that my family has been making for years. Starts off with slow cooked kidney beans, added to garlic and spices. Add in a tomato base, soy curls, and some chopped yams. My favorite part of the recipe has always been "and let it cook for awhile". The longer you let it stew it seems the better tastes. Served the chili over some brown rice with a side of my fresh backed corn bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment