Saturday, December 25, 2010

christmas eve style.

Baked Ziti w/ Tofu Ricotta & Garlic Bread.

Got back to the basics this xmas eve. For as long as I can remember my family has made Italian food the night before that jolly guy drops by with some presents. It all started yesterday morning. Was in search for a new french bread recipe. Not only did I find a great and simple recipe but a new vegan blog to follow as well. Its the Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes blog. Definitely worth following if you arent already. Here's the recipe. So after making this, I put together a garlic spread and made garlic bread. Also made the baked ziti with tofu ricotta from my menu. What's nice about baked ziti is you can prep it in the afternoon and put it in the oven to bake about an hour before you are ready to eat and throw in the garlic bread halfway through. My friends Mark & Sherry from here in town came by to eat and brought some vegan cinnamon rolls. All in all a great quiet way to spend xmas eve. Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment:

  1. J. Mytnick's wife here...your dishes look great!
    Made a button for u on the side bar of "me blog" :)
    Hope it brings you traffic!
    a.

    ReplyDelete